What are you reading these days? I just finished We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. I’m now starting Fresh Off The Boat by Eddie Huang, and loving it!
Here’s a list of some of my favorite YA/MG books, in no particular order of awesomeness.
- Andrew Smith, Grasshopper Jungle
- A. S. King, Please Ignore Vera Dietz
- Stephanie Kuehnert, Ballads of Suburbia*
- Karen Finneyfrock, Starbird Murphy and the World Outside*
- Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book
- Sherman Alexie, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
- Rick Yancy, The 5th Wave
- Michael Grant, Gone
- Lois Lowry, The Giver
- Laurie Halse Anderson, Speak
- T. Anderson, Feed
- Jacqueline Woodson, Brown Girl Dreaming
- Daniel Handler, Why We Broke Up
- M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- S. Lewis, Narnia Chronicles
*These are two excellent Seattle writers I’ve had the privilege to work with! Their books are amazing, which is no surprise because they’re amazing people.
Have you read any of these? What other great YA books should we add to the list?